Translate

Thursday 2 February 2017

Tonic Studios Woodland Buildables - Frankie Fox And Happy Birthday Banner

Good afternoon all,

I want to share another of my Buildables makes today while they are still available as the One Day Wonder deal on Create and Craft.  I made a simple layered card this time, with some pretty patterned paper I've had in my stash for absolutely ages.  It went perfectly with the colours I'd chosen for Frankie :)

I folded a sheet of 300gsm cream card for my base and topped that with the a layer of the Orange shade of card out of the Heated Hues Essential 12 x 12 Card Stock Pack - 787E.  I die cut the outer edge from the Ribbon and Bows Layering Die Set - 1461E out of patterned paper and also out of the dark brown from the Natural Neutrals Essential 12 x 12 Card Stock Pack - 789E.  I cut the brown layer in half and glued both to the patterned paper layer so they can be seen either side, I use this type of layering a lot if my layering dies are too far apart in size :)  I cut the next size outer edge from the same layering die set from the dark brown again along with the Ivory colour from the same pack and did the same again, letting the dark layer show either end.  I glued both of these layers together and attached to my card base with 3d foam pads.



I cut the fox body, snout, ears, paws and tail out of the same orange we used for the card layer, cutting the head, tummy, inner ear pieces and tail tip out of cream.  I added a little distress ink to these for a little definition, glueing them all together in their respective order, adding the nose and eyes in the matching dark brown card.  I added some 3d foam onto the back of Frankie Fox and glued him in place on the layer.

I cut the Essentials Banner - 1594E  out of Ivory and the Happy Birthday Sentiment -  out of Dark Brown along with the number 5 and the 'th' out of the Essentials Birthday Numbers - 1592E.  Layering this onto my card with 3d foam pads for depth.  I finished my card off with some bunting cut from the Rococo Celebration Birthday Bundle - 1490E layered in dark brown and patterned paper.

I hope you like this and can tune in for the rest of the One Day Wonder shows at 6pm and 9pm for lots more inspiration.

Happy Crafting

Karen xx



1 comment:

  1. Super card Karen, love the fox and a great design. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x