Translate

Sunday 26 April 2015

Heart Wedding Dress and Butterfly Resist Background

Because we only have the Heart and Butterfly dies and stamps as a weekender on Create and Craft I thought I'd show one of each again.

For the Heart Wedding Dress, I debossed my card blank which gave me texture but a lot of flat surface to enable me to stick my layers down.  I cut a frame from the recent Craftinator dies, the Art Nouveau Ovals with a blue backing layer.  I cut the Vine Heart out seven times and layered them from the bottom up, overlapping as I went.  After sticking the top one in place I added a small hand tied bow to cover the last visible join.  I cut a strip of blue card for the side and layered my ribbon onto it, added a hand tied bow and one of the small sentiments from the Idyllics Die sets.  I finished off with some wedgewood blue Nuvo Crystal Drops.

For this card I created the background paper first.  I took a sheet of supersmooth card and stamped the Juliet Butterfly stamp randomly onto it using a Versamark clear pad.  I covered these with clear embossing powder and heat embossed them.  Once they were cooled, I inked the sheet with Dusty Concord Distress Ink which I applied with an Inkylicious Duster Brush and when I had a covering I was pleased with, adding more in some areas than others, I rubbed the ink from the top of the clear embossed butterflies giving my my resist background which I cut down to size to fit my A5 card blank, sticking on top of a dark purple layer.  I layered some of the matching purple and white card into the left side of the card and stamped the Felicity and the Laura Butterflies die cutting each one using all of the outer edges and leaving the last one plain white and die cutting the centre with the Laura inner pattern die.  The die cuts were stuck in place on the strip.  The 'for you' was die cut from the pillow box set out of the matching purple and white, shadowed and glued onto the card front on the bottom corner.  A few Nuvo Crystal Drops in Wisteria were added to the butterfly bodies and the top and bottom corners on the right of the card.

Don't forget to catch the live shows for more demonstrations today at 11am, 2pm and 7pm

Karen x


3 comments:

  1. Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com)27 April 2015 at 06:11

    Love the wedding dress. Yours gave me an idea for the 4 graduation cards needed this year. Will do in school colors. What size is the die used?
    Thank You
    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, the die is approx 2 1/2" :)
      Karen x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for showing us different ways to use the dies! I love the wedding dress - so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x