Translate

Thursday 19 March 2015

New Sentiment Strip Dies Hugs And Kisses

Here's one of the cards I made for the launch of the new Tonic Studios Sentiment Strip dies on Create and Craft.  For this card I have used the Hugs verso die set alongside the Pretoria Alphabet set.

I made my card blank from scratch by scoring and cutting two sheets of lilac pearlescent card to give me an offset gatefold.

I cut my layers for both sides of my card front from grey, lemon and the matching lilac pearlescent lining them up flush top and bottom but leaving a very small border showing either side.

For my main decorative panel, I die cut the outer edge die from the 'hugs' set in lemon and grey and cut the pattern die into the grey layer, gluing both of these together before mounting into 3d foam and sticking to the prepared card front.  For the lilac coloured detail in the flowers and hearts, I used the lilac Nuvo Crystal Drops and spread them gently into the small area using the tip.  I also added some to the flower centres.

For the small panel, I cut '& KISSES' from the Pretoria Alphabet die set in both lemon and grey, using the centres of the lemon die cuts and trimming the outer decorative swirls off the grey set so I just get the outline.  These were glued into place.

The card was quite simply finished off with some lilac Nuvo Crystal Drops.

I hope you like it,

Karen x

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Karen, Such a beautiful card and love the colours. The set looks gorgeous.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen this is a gorgeous card. I was watching Jo earlier. I do hope Jodie gets better quickly it is a worry. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is lovely, gorgeous colours, sarah.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x